Infant Jesus Parish is located just south of the main Business District of the Village of Port Jefferson. The parish boundaries are within the Township of Brookhaven in Suffolk County, NY on Long Island and include all or part the towns or villages of Port Jefferson, Port Jefferson Station, East Setauket, Coram and Mt. Sinai. Easily accessible from Route 25A, Route 347 and the Long Island Expressway Infant Jesus Parish is easy to find and convenient by car, bus, train and ferry.
Our Church, Chapel, Rectory, Parish Center, School and Convent Building are in two distinct areas or “campuses” in the village of Port Jefferson. The Chapel is located on the grounds of St. Charles Hospital, while the Church, Rectory, Montfort Hall (our parish center), and Convent building are clustered on the hill rising from of the south-east corner of Main Street (Rt. 25A) and Myrtle Avenue just south of the Port Jefferson Village center. Our Lady of Wisdom Regional Catholic School is located on Myrtle Avenue just up the hill from the Church and Rectory. Additionally, our parish is well serviced by train, bus and ferry mass transit systems.
Below is a brief description of our parish buildings and facilities. For a full description, including the location of various meeting rooms, parking and handicap access information please see our Parish Campus Map page.
- Infant Jesus Church - [ In Yellow on Campus Map ] is located on the corner of Main St (Rt. 25A) and Myrtle Avenue.
- Parish Rectory - [ in Red on Campus Map] is located on Myrtle Avenue, just behind the Church. .
- Montfort Hall- [ in Orange on Campus Map ] is adjacent to the southern portion of the Our Lady of Wisdom School building overlooking Main Street. For those who are having problems inputting the location of Montfort Hall into their GPS system, please try using the actual Longitude and Latitude coordinates: 40.9408, -73.063.
- Our Lady of Wisdom Regional Catholic School - [ in Blue on the Campus Map ] is located off of Myrtle Avenue, just up the hill from the Church and Rectory.
- Convent Building - [ in Pink on the Campus Map ] is located on Hawkins Street, off of Myrtle Avenue.
- Infant Jesus Chapel at St. Charles Hospital [No Shown on the Campus Map] is located on the south side of the hospital complex.
Our parish is well serviced by Mass Transit. Suffolk County Transit has buses with regular stops in Port Jefferson Village and at the Port Jefferson Train Station. The MTA's Long Island Rail Road Port Jefferson Branch has its terminus at the Port Jefferson Train Station. And finally, the Bridgeport & Port Jefferson Steamboat Company docks regularly at the Port Jefferson Harbor, ferrying people and automobiles between Bridgeport, Ct. and Port Jefferson, NY .
Infant Jesus Church is a reasonable walk, at just over a half mile, from Port Jefferson Village Harbor. The Port Jefferson Train Station is less than a mile from our Church, but please be aware that there is steep hill between our parish and the train station. A very short taxi or other ride may be preferable to walking up or down one of the steepest sections of Rt. 25A on Long Island. Taxi's are always available at the station.
Suffolk County Transit (Bus Service Information and Web Site)
- The S60 Smith Haven Mall to Gordon Heights Line services stops in Port Jefferson Village and at the Port Jefferson Railroad Station
- The S61 Patchogue Railroad to Port Jefferson Line services stops in Port Jefferson Village and at the Port Jefferson Railroad Station
- The S62 Hauppauge to Smith Haven Mall, Riverhead Line services stops at the Port Jefferson Railroad Station
- The S69 Night Loop (Smith Haven Mall, SUNY Stony Brook, Port Jefferson) Line services stops in Port Jefferson Village and at the Port Jefferson Railroad Station
- The S76 Stony Brook Village to Port Jefferson Station Line services stops in Port Jefferson Village and at the Port Jefferson Railroad Station
- The S5A Port Jefferson to Middle Island Line services stops at the Port Jefferson Railroad Station