- Volunteer Survey and Requirements for 2018
- Are you a volunteer at Infant Jesus? Please take the time to confirm that you have met all the requirements for volunteers as set forth by the Diocese of Rockville Center to ensure a safe environment for our Church.
Attention all Parish Volunteers—Survey Letters Need Your Response!
All persons who give of their time and talent as volunteers in any parish based ministry, group/organization or activity must have completed or passed these three diocesan certified programs that are the core of the ongoing effort to maintain a safe environment in our diocese for everyone, especially our children:
- Virtus Training Program - a program that begins with a special training class that helps in the awareness, understanding, prevention and response to potential and actual wrongdoing. The program also includes ongoing awareness and educations resources through its website: www.virtusonline.org. Virtus Training is offered monthly at Infant Jesus, and is available year-round at many other parishes and locations.
- Background Screening Check - a process that ensures that all Church volunteers and staff have no history of wrongdoing that would affect the safe of our children and others. We can not preform the Background Screening Check without your permission. The proper forms can be found in the "Volunteer Packet" which is available in the parish rectory or can be downloaded here.
- Volunteer Packet and Review of Conduct Guideline - The Volunteer Packet contains all necessary application forms, Background Screening Authorization Forms and the Acknowledgement Form for the Conduct Guidelines (short and long form) and the Diocesan Child Protection Policy booklet. The complete Volunteer Packet is available in the rectory. The required forms also can be downloaded here. The Conduct Guidelines and booklet can be viewed here.
If you are a volunteer, someone who gives their time and talent to a ministry or group at Infant Jesus, we respectfully require that you first fill out a Volunteer Survey Form. This form will help you and the parish Safe Environment program determine if you have completed all the requirements for volunteers as set forth by the Diocese of Rockville Centre. To verify that all our volunteers are in compliance, “Volunteer Survey Letters” are now being mailed during the months of January and February to known volunteers - past and present.
If you are a volunteer, you are required to return the completed survey to the rectory (or submit it online) in order to maintain your status as an "Active" volunteer. If we do not receive a response, we will be assume that you are no longer active. Inactive volunteers, unfortunately cannot offer there services until all the above requirements are met.
If you are a former volunteer, let us thank you for all that you have done. We ask that you to either return the mailed survey to the rectory or submit it online. This will allow us to remove you from the list of approved volunteers
We thank you in advance for taking the time to fill out this survey and return it to us. Together we can continue to keep Infant Jesus a safe community for everyone. Please be aware, that we are reviewing a very long list of people who have been active on our parish going back to the turn of the century. Letters are being mailed out in batches, alphabetically by last name, so those with names in the latter half of the alphabet can expect their letters in early February.